Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Josie Lou Ratley Benefit Tournament Held At Holiday Park Florida

This was a tournament that I walked up on one day when I went fishing at the Holiday Park in South Florida. Josie Lou Ratley is a teenager who was physically assaulted by a teenage male and put her in a coma and is now on a streanious schedule of physical therapy, let alone the ordeal to the family. I was casting off of the pier and I seen the guys setting up the weigh station with banners and writting the names on the board. I went over just as the boats were coming in and asked what it was about. There were 4 trophies, nice one at that, and a raffle. The fishermen started to do the weigh in's, let me tell you, I was jealous of those catches that they made. The biggest was a 7.16 lbs large mouth and the winner had a total of 27 lbs on 4 large mouth bass. It was for a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment